Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga New Zealand’s Māori Centre of Research Excellence (NPM) is the founding host of the biennial International Indigenous Research Conference. It has been our honour to enable and host this conference in Aotearoa, New Zealand with you, our delegates in attendance. While this years event will not be held in person at the University of Auckland, we do expect to offer some exciting online options for engagement and we look forward to announcing these options in mid-late May.
The event will be focused on Inspiring a Gathering of Indigenous Minds - we hope you will join us as we continue to:
- host an international celebration of Indigenous lead research
- foster an international gathering of Indigenous researchers in all disciplines to share research, inspire new research connections and promote research excellence
- profile the innovation in multi-disciplinary Indigenous knowledges and in developing Indigenous research methodologies, theories, and practices
- grow Indigenous lead research within Aotearoa New Zealand and its links with the rest of the world
- enable engagement with a broad range of critical issues for Indigenous communities leading to clear outcomes for action and solution
- provide a high impact with high value research sharing experience for engagement and learning
- extend the reputation of NPM as a nationally and internationally recognised and sought after centre for its expertise and innovation in transformative Māori focused multidisciplinary research
NPM’s vision is of Māori leading New Zealand into the future. To reap the benefits of the nation’s changing demographics it is critical that Māori are engaged in research and decision making in all disciplines and in all sectors. NPM research realises Māori aspirations for positive engagement in national life, enhances the recognition of our excellence in Indigenous scholarship both nationally and internationally and provides solutions to major challenges facing humanity in local and global settings. Our entire research programme is Māori designed and led.